Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Road Continues

It is with a humble heart that I tell you all that Christopher will be going back into surgery on February 10th. This surgery will be similar to the last few, but there are many variances in Christopher's body (many not seen since before the shooting) that give our surgeon optimism and hope that this will be successful.

Many people have asked, "is this a good thing?" Well, yes. It's the path God has sovereignly asked us to continue, and He has promised absolute goodness for our lives. There will be relief. There will be healing. It's coming.

When I was contacted about the surgery, overwhelmed with confusion, I told my mom that I could not fathom another extended hospital experience. I was tired, and to see Chris in helpless amounts of pain again was something I have begged God to never experience again. She told me to look back at what God has done. Go back to the beginning of this story, and find His promises tucked inside those little miracles all along the way. (Thank God for moms)

So, I open the scrapbook, reread my own blog and journals...and Jesus fills us again with His immeasurable strength. We will be equipped.



I was reminded of this verse through Instagram this week (oh yes, God can use Instagram to speak to us) and I couldn't be more grateful for this Word to cling to during this time.

"We forget so easily. Remember, intentionally. And when your soul carries complaint, complain in the right direction."
- Brooke Fraser Ligerwood

"I cried out to God with my voice
And He gave ear to me.

In my day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing;
My soul refused to be comforted.
I remembered God, and was troubled;
I meditate within my heart, And my spirit becomes weak.

Will the Lord cast off forever?
And will He be favorable no more?
Has his mercy ceased forever?
Has His promise failed forevermore?
Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut his tender mercies?

I will remember the works of the Lord; 
Yes, I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work,
And talk of Your deeds.
Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary;
Who is so great a God as our God?
You are the God who does wonders;
You have declared Your strength among the people."
Psalms 77:1-3, 6-9, 11-14

6 comments:

  1. Nice post.Great blog.Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting and meaningful.
    Also checkout Surgical instruments Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and well written post! Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post.
    Also checkout Surgical Instrument

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your whole blog. Your work is really good and inseparable .Thanks for sharing.
    Also checkout Security services Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative and well written post! Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post Nice Post keep it up.Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative post; I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.
    EMR,CMS,EMS Services

    ReplyDelete