Sunday, January 15, 2017

Preparing to Set Sail

While we are waiting for the decision of the doctors, I wanted to share with you an excerpt from my journaling in anticipation of our lives changing soon. I pray God uses it to inspire someone else entering into the unknown...

"I can pray for our sails to be set a certain direction, and I do, but ultimately my spirit accepts this reality best when I acknowledge that whatever direction I am taken by the Wind, it is to be accomplished by getting through one wave at a time.

To further the sailing metaphor, there is a beautiful island waiting for our arrival one day. We will coast up the sand, step out of the boat into the sparkling blue waters, and walk hand-in-hand up to the warm, soft sand. We will take a deep breath - look back at the waters we tread all those years - and thank God for His grace and deliverance. While we acknowledge the major moments, we simply won’t be able to count all of the miracles, as they have been like the depths of the ocean - immeasurable."




*The art is from an artist named Shellie Mitchell I discovered on Etsy. I love her work, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment