Friday, February 26, 2016

"Faithfulness in the Furnace of Affliction"

Whether it's surprising or not, one of the most popular statements people have made to Chris & I through this trauma is, "I'm not sure I could do what you do." I wish I had found the following quote 2 years ago, but my answer has always been a simpler version: this is marriage.

"...because God gets the glory when two very different and very imperfect people forge a life of faithfulness in the furnace of affliction by relying on Christ." - John Piper, "This Momentary Marriage".

You accept it, you wake up, you live it. You root yourself in wisdom from the Word. Surround yourself with people to help you discern truth from lies, and keep going forward. All glory goes to God, because "this is what marriage is for ultimately - the display of Christ's covenant-keeping grace."

We are still waiting on the final word from Christopher's doctors, I will be sure to update you once we know for certain if he will need additional surgery. We should know something by the end of next week.

- JL

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlx11BxF24 : " falling plates "

    , " Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Nice post written by you. I will return to read your updated one.
    Heating and Cooling Mississauga

    ReplyDelete